Our Antarctica season 2023/2024 opens 6th of December 12:00 CET (noon)
This season we will have four Antarctica trips, including a 50-day Scotia Arc expedition and three 22-day Antarctica voyages. This season there will be no Cape to Cape expedition. The next Cape to Cape expedition will be early 2025. Nevertheless, we hope the 50-day Scotia Arc expedition, with a visit to the Falklands/Las Malvinas, South Georgia and Antarctica, will offer a great alternative this season with fantastic wildlife, hiking and sailing opportunities.
To ensure a smooth booking process we have set some guidelines to help you book an Antarctic expedition on board Bark EUROPA.
- The actual booking of an Antarctic voyage is only possible from Tuesday 6th of December 2022, 12:00 hours (noon) CET. Bookings received before this date will not be processed to give everyone a fair chance.
- We ask you to complete the booking form on our website at the time of opening or fill in the booking form (pdf) and send this by email at the time of opening. Please make sure these are filled in via the computer. We will not accept handwritten/printed and scanned versions.
- The complete PDF form will be to guarantee your application. Once we have secured a berth for you, we will ask for an online booking form filled in via our website.
- All bookings and optional reservations should be made individually. Only booking forms that include full personal details and health statements will be processed.
- Complete booking forms and health statements have priority over optional reservations. We will first process the complete bookings and then continue with the optional bookings.
- Two persons cabins are only reserved for bookings of two persons and can't be booked by single bookers unless they pay for a full cabin (2 persons).
- We will not have a waiting list. Instead we have a separate mailinglist to keep you up to date on the availability. All sailors that show interest will be added to this mailing list.
- For the Antarctica season 2023/2024 our Covid-19 policy still stands. This means everyone needs to be fully vaccinated to be allowed on board.
- Some voyages might be in higer demand than others. It could therefore help to both mention your preferred voyage and other voyages as alternatives in the remarks section on our booking form.
- Our meal options are 'vegetarian' and 'non-vegetarian'. All other dietary requests will have to be discussed with our cooks first before we can confirm your booking.
- We kindly ask our sailors aged 65 or over to send in an additional health statement, signed by their general practitioner. The statement can be found here. Our Antarctica voyages are not available to sailors of 73 years or older.
Scotia Arc voyage
On our longer sailing voyage to the Falklands Islands / Las Malvinas and South Georgia, please don't forget that sailing is a huge part of the experience. The Southern Ocean is infamous for its roughness and the amount of sailing days on the Scotia Arc voyage (+28 sailing days) should not be overlooked. It is a fantastic experience, where you'll learn more about all the aspects of seaman's life and get the chance to visit remote locations and experience its beautiful wildlife.