Rederij Bark EUROPA attributes great importance to protecting the personal data entrusted to her. This Privacy Statement clearly and transparently indicates how your personal data is handled. Bark EUROPA ensures the careful processing of your data and adheres to the laws and regulations that result from the General Data Protection Regulation.
In principle Bark EUROPA:
- Only process your personal data for the purpose for which it was obtained. These purposes and type of personal data are discussed in this Privacy Statement.
- Bark EUROPA only processes personal data with the explicit consent of the person concerned
- Bark EUROPA processes the personal data provided to it in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation, namely in a transparent, proper and lawful manner.
- Bark EUROPA acts in accordance with the General Data Protection Standards Regulation of Minimum Data Processing
- Bark EUROPA has taken technical and organizational measures to ensure your privacy
- Bark EUROPA informs you of your rights regarding your personal data
Bark EUROPA is responsible for the personal data confided to her. If you have questions about this subject or if you want to contact us after reading the following Privacy Statement, or in a more general sense, this can be done via the following contact details:
Rederij Bark EUROPA
Leuvehaven 75, 3011 EA, Rotterdam
Most of our voyages are booked in quite some time in advance before the journey embarks. Personal data is necessary for both the handling of the booking by the office and on board the ship at the time of the voyage. Therefore, the personal data is stored in the meantime in a database at the Shipping Company Bark EUROPA.
After disembarkation from a trip passport information and next of kin details will be removed.
Medical information will be kept up to 3 years to be able to present a complete case to the ships doctors if someone wants to book another voyage.
Contact details of guests will be stored for 7 years.
Bark EUROPA does not store personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or required by law.
Your personal data are processed by Bark EUROPA for carrying out the booking for the following operation:
- Voyage confirmation
- Voyage invoice
- Voyage preparation
- Possible voyage ticket
- Possibly Letter of guarantee
- Immigration obligations on board Bark EUROPA
For the above actions we will ask for the following personal details:
- First name, last name, inserts and initials
- Date of birth
- Gender (male/female)
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Document number
- Expiry date passport
- Allergies and dietary requirements
- Former, current, future health status
- General health and fitness
- Length and weight
- Next of kin information
o First name and surname
o Phone number
o Last name
- Flight details
- Visum details
Health status, height and weight are asked to check that everyone is in good health before embarkation. This is for the general safety of both permanent crew and guest crew, as no external medical assistance can often be requested during the trips. This information is shared for assessment with our usual ship doctors, who are bound by the medical confidentiality obligation.
On the booking form we will ask you for the contact details of your next of kin. We assume you will inform the person yourself about the fact that you have shared their contact information with us. We will use the contact information only in case of an emergency.
Bark EUROPA uses systems managed by third parties for the processing and storage of the personal information entrusted to us. These systems are the database, the web forms on our website and our website, which are externally hosted. With these third parties we have signed processing agreements.
The personal data you share with us may be shared with third parties if necessary for the preparation and execution of your voyage. This entails our ships doctors in the case a medical assessment of a booking is needed or in preparation of the handling of customs on board the ship.
Bark EUROPA will not pass on personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area unless:
- The transfer takes place in the context of the execution of the service provision agreement
- International or national laws or regulations require us to do so
- The transfer is necessary for urgent reasons of general interest
- The transfer is necessary for the institution, exercise or substantiation of a legal claim.
It is possible for minors (persons younger than 16 years) to book a trip with Bark EUROPA. The processing of the booking and the personal data requires written permission from the parent, caregiver or legal representative.
- Bark EUROPA has adopted appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against any infringement that results in the destruction, loss, modification or unauthorized disclosure of, or unauthorized access to, transmitted, stored or otherwise processed data.
- Confidentiality obligation are in place for all persons who have access to your personal data
- User name and password identification on our systems
- Online bookings are made via a secure connection
- Back-ups of personal data in order to be able to recover these in case of physical or technical incidents
- Informing employees about the importance of protecting personal data
- IP addresses cannot be traced back to you personally
Everyone can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we regularly share news with those subscribed. These letters contain invisible codes with which we can trace how many people read the newsletter and which subjects are clicked. Bark EUROPA does not register anything on name, we only use general information to better the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletters via the link at the bottom. If you have subscribed to the newsletter, we will not use your contact details for anything else.
As a data subject, you have the right to access, correct, delete and transfer your data. You also have the right to object to the processing of your data, or any part thereof, by Bark EUROPA or by one of the processors who received the information from us. We will ask you to identify you before we can respond to your aforementioned requests.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, you can contact us directly via the aforementioned channels. If we cannot resolve this jointly, it is your right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority, the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection in the Netherlands.